laupäev, 7. mai 2022

Wiki Review: Decentralized Finance

 A well-written wiki article that analyzes many aspects of cryptocurrency - influence of celebrities and scams, for example. The article was quite balanced in terms of negatives and positives, there were great examples of both. If I had to write such a wiki article, it would definitely be way too biased - when it comes to some topics, I am almost uncapable of keeping my mouth shut.

I especially liked the example of Ukrainian refugees who were able to keep their money safe by trading it for cryptocurrencies. And for me personally, the largest issue with cryptocurrencies today is the amount of computer power that they "waste". I was glad to learn that more environmentally friendly solutions are being worked on. 

I enjoyed the writing style. The sentences did not drag on for too long and everything was very straight-forward. I would have liked to see more sectioning of paragraphs - however, it is definitely my personal preference (me and long paragraphs do not mix well). There were enough pictures to keep the reader entertained, and they illustrated the points being made well. However, the graph "Stability of cryptocurrencies" did not really make sense to me - I would have preferred to see percentages on both of the Y axis's. That way the two graphs could be compared to one another as well.

All in all, this was a great wiki read. I harbor only rather basic knowledge about cryptocurrencies, so this read definitely came in handy. I would even recommend it to others who are interested in learning more about cryptocurrencies. Probably one of the best aspects of this wiki - the topic has real learning value.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar

The Social Contract Theory in IT

 A lot of IT revolves around social contracts - a set of rules in a community or forum; what is "legal" when writing code in diffe...